Share your story
How does the economy impact your life? What economic policy would you enact if you were Prime Minister? Why did you make the economic choices you have?
We want to publish everyday people’s answers to these questions (and many more!) as part of our ‘Voices of the Economy’ series. Whether you consider yourself an economics expert or you’ve never even said the word out loud before, if you feel you’ve got something to say we’d love to hear from you!
We pay all our contributors – £50 for each published article or £100 for each video. Your work will be published on ecnmy.org.
What does it involve?
At People’s Economy we believe economics is all around us, and everyone is part of the economy. We are handing the mic over to the people behind the ‘stats & figures’ so we can build a real picture of what economics is & what it means for them and their community.
We’re interested in covering a wide range of issues and how they relate to the economy, including housing, food, healthcare, money, jobs, education, art and culture, sports, entertainment, the environment and more. We prioritise voices from communities that are currently marginalised in conversations about the economy.
We work with people to share their stories in three different ways:
- You pitch an article or video to us that our team will provide feedback on
- Our team works together with you to co-produce an article or video about your experiences and ideas
- Our team interviews you about your experiences and ideas to produce an article or video
Check out some previous stories:
What sort of things should I talk about?
Help others understand about what you’ve experienced. Tell us:
- About your economic experience. For example, are you economically comfortable or insecure? What do you do for work, do you feel like you have a safety net if things go wrong, do you feel like you can meet your needs?
- Do you feel that your identity shapes your experience of the economy and if so how?
- How has the cost of living crisis affected your economic situation?
Try your hand at being an everyday economist. Tell us:
- What are your/your communities economic needs and priorities? Have then been met over the last ten years? Can they be met under our current economic system?
- Have recent events – Brexit, the coronavirus pandemic, the cost of living crisis – made you change your views about the economy at all?
- How would you change the economy and why?
I’m not an expert on economics. Does that matter?
Not at all! We want people from all backgrounds and walks of life to share their economic views to show that everybody can be part of discussions on how we should run our society.
Will you publish my content?
We want this conversation to be as diverse and representative of people’s experiences and opinions as possible, but we do have some important criteria we need you to meet in order for us to publish your content.
Once you submit your content, one of our team will review your content to make sure it meets our guidelines. If it does, we’ll upload it on the website.
Just fill in the form below telling us a little bit about yourself and any topics you’d be keen to talk about. Or nominate someone you know!